Welcome to the World of Idiosyncrasies

Hello and Welcome to my world. Here, you are free to feel as you feel without guarding your emotions, without acting matured and rational etc etc etc. Its an idiosyncratic world and you have every right to feel happy, sad, upset, cheerful, grumpy or whatever else you feel like! No judgements at all.
Oh, and while you enter, please leave you judgmental thinking, and stuck up attitude outside. It's a mad world in here already; and the least you could do is not add to the troubles. No one loves a drama llama ;)

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Pied Piper's Pandemonium

It is a dark abyssmal world
And i go sinking
Down...
Deep down
Into some bottomless pit
Into some shelter
Somewhere...
where i can hide
Anywhere

Because i am too scared to face this world
My mask has been ripped off..
I have been stripped naked
I am vulnerable
I am scared.
I don't want to get hurt.
It has happened before...but not anymore
Please God!! Not anymore

I see this rat race - game of Survival of the Fittest.
The fittest - but still a rat.
A filthy despicable rat
It manipulates justice with its tears
I despise it. I hate it.
Actually no - I pity it.
It uses silent weapons when I stand unarmed
Does it deserve pity even?

The rat is smirking at me
But no - wait!!
Where did the rat go?
Its face has merged into my friend's
I see more and more friends
No - I see more and more rats!
What is it that i see?
Friends? Rats?
I do not know!
I do not care! Not anymore.

But what about me?
I am still naked - stripped of my mask!
But no - the rats will not eat me up.
This is my Hamelin.
I will be my own piper
I will lead the rats to their fatal destiny..
But wait -
Before anything else i have to put on my mask

It suffocates me
I am dying inside it
I am helpless
But i will wait.
Wait...
Till the last rat leaves my blessed Hamelin
Wait...
Till the pandemonium is cleared.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u definitely r the pied piper...tho not in any relation to this post..u understand...?? :P

Sutapa Mukherjee said...

@ Maverick:
I hope so! Leading people is a difficult job!