Welcome to the World of Idiosyncrasies

Hello and Welcome to my world. Here, you are free to feel as you feel without guarding your emotions, without acting matured and rational etc etc etc. Its an idiosyncratic world and you have every right to feel happy, sad, upset, cheerful, grumpy or whatever else you feel like! No judgements at all.
Oh, and while you enter, please leave you judgmental thinking, and stuck up attitude outside. It's a mad world in here already; and the least you could do is not add to the troubles. No one loves a drama llama ;)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ramblings

Why is it that things go awry
At times when we are happy
And content, prosperous, self satiated beings
Rational in thought and judgement

I gave my wrath to a parent
Who did not know
What to do with something
That he had neither contributed to nor understood

I gave my trust to a BFF
Who did not know
What to do with something
That she neither keep nor could break

I gave my dubiousness to a friend
Who did not know
What to do with something
That she neither had instigated nor had control over

I gave my heart to a man
Who did not know
What to do with something
That he neither desired nor could throw away

But most of all..
I gave my injustice to my soul
Wallowing in self pity
And indulgent in sadness
Not knowing the severity of my crime!

10 comments:

Sanjeeb Banerjee (SaNj) said...

Trademark of quality : "DONE BY DONA"

Jayanta Bora said...

wowww !! you have so much inside of you !!!
you have the power of expression. I love the way in which you have highlighted the irony ...
keep it going we love your work !!!

Casuarina said...

Great argument ; love the last lines of each verse for that is genuinely us humans - full of contradiction.

The last verse was a brilliant cocktail of pathos and irony.

Special mention : the use of the words 'dubiousness', 'wallowing' and 'crime'.

Keep at it !

Sutapa Mukherjee said...

@ Sanjeeb Da: Thank you.. you happen to be one of the first few people whom i nagged with my poems if u rememeber!

@ Jayanta: Thanks dear.. its this love that keeps me from permanent hibernation i guess!!
This one too was literally an "On Demand" poem!

@ Gargi Di: Thank uuuuuuu. You know how much i value your comments...nahole esp giye boltam nah tomay :D

Unknown said...

WWOOOW Sutapa... didnt know u so good at describing ur feelings..through words..i feel crime is the right word..i wanna take this as an inspiration let me see how i move on..Thnx dear to put this up..and keep up the good work..i loved it 4m heart.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Sutapa!
ur thoughts are so clear across the lines!

Niladri

urmimala.bose said...

bah!

soham said...

khub sotti! and nicely expressed..... must mention the lines "I gave my injustice to my soul".... and "Not knowing the severity of my crime!"....khub bhalo. keep going!

SU-MAN 1 said...

Awesome hoyeche eta... :)

Kankan said...

Bottom line - Life Sucks Bigtime...

You can't beat it. So try to suck back as much as you can from this life :)

BTW - nice poem...

~Kankan